How To Use Retinol Products
If you are looking for an effective anti-wrinkling and skin rejuvenating ingredient, an over the counter retinol product is a must-have. More commonly known as vitamin A, retinol continues to prove to be one of the best anti-aging ingredients on the market. How do you fit this wonder ingredient into your routine? Follow this quick overview below and we will take you through how to transform your skin with retinol.
Why Is Retinol Good for My Skin?
Retinol is a less potent, over the counter version of tretinoin, a prescription vitamin A derivative that is very effective in undoing sun damage and signs of aging. Tretinoin and retinol have been proven to minimize the appearance of wrinkles, shrink enlarged pores, improve uneven skin tone, and firm up the skin. Sound like your new best friend yet?
How Do I Choose a Retinol Product?
It’s fairly simple to choose the best retinol cream for wrinkles, and quite frankly, we can make it very easy for you. We have one of the best retinol products on the market, Amend, but we will go over a few points for you to keep in mind:
1) Ensure that the retinol product you purchase is in an opaque container that is airtight. Air and light exposure to retinol will render it ineffective.
2) Choose a product that is best for your skin type: creams/lotions are generally best for dry skin and normal to combination skin. Serums or gels are best for an oily or congested skin.
3) With that said, it’s also ok to use a retinol facial product based on your personal preference. We recommend finding one that feels good on your skin, fits in your skin care routine, and that delivers results.
How To Use Retinol Products:
We recommend using a retinol during your nighttime routine. This is when most people don’t mind adding another step or two. Our skin smoothing night cream, Amend, is a retinol based product and will fit in perfectly to any routine.
Before you apply the retinol cream, follow this routine:
1) We like to use our gentle cleanser, Flush.
3) Apply a serum. Try out Lustre, our hyaluronic acid collagen serum. (if you are using a retinol serum you can apply that instead)
4) For that extra anti-aging touch, try Replenish. It is full of skin tightening peptides.
Don’t forget to include your neck and chest when applying your retinol product. They too want the amazing anti-aging benefits! We also want to note that aging skin can be even further combatted by combining retinol with other anti-aging products as well. Try these out for size:
1) Replenish, Hydrating Regenerative Peptide Cream
2) Calm, Nourishing Eye Cream
3) Lustre, Age-Defying Hyaluronic Acid Collagen Serum
4) Shield, Moisturizing Sun Cream
How To Minimize Blackheads and Enlarged Pores
Blackheads, the pesky build-up of oil and dead skin that cease to go away, no matter what you do. Well, we are here to tell you that there are a few tricks to minimize these unwanted clogged pores. There are products and routines you can try out to get that smooth, clear complexion you crave. […]READ BLOG POST